PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Baltic
Thread: Air Baltic
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2011, 23:02
DownIn3Green
Person Of Interest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK Folks...Here I go again...

I've an apartment in Riga since 1995...Before that I was put up in various hotel's (The last being the newly opened Radisson, (at the time)).

Most of the present day senior Capt's were most likely my students from 1994 - 1996...

We flew the B-727 daily to LGW and FRA, and 2 times weekly to AMS....It was a great gig as was the culture in Riga...We were Baltic International back then...

In Oct 1995 a deal of some sort was reached with SAS and even though they didn't have any planes for their Riga operation, I was ordered to stand down our 2 B-727's...

All I'm trying to say, is maybe this "attitude" being encountered by some may not be from the Latvian side, but part of the SAS culture...

As I sign off from this thread, I'll say it is entirely possible AB is trying to collect resumes for future use...

However, I survived 2 winter seasons in Riga and at that time it was very challenging flying...No place for a 300 hr "Ace of the Base", no matter how much one pays...

I don't know who are the line Capt's now, but if they are Latvian, I promise you they are not "Unprofessional"...

Happy Flying and say "Hi" to Riga if you get there...