PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4th June 2010 B737-800 rejected takeoff after V1 Report is out
Old 14th Jul 2011, 20:14
Postman-LEJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[...] actions under stress are a combination of [...] talent levels and the training he/she has received from his/her employer(s).
Oh Tosh, Locked Door!
without talent, you should not have wasted your money for ATPL training.

BTW, what talent do you need if you want to prevent loss of crew communication, misinterpretation and misjudgement of priorities combined with a "bare-ar+ed" breach of safe practices and law

It was either that or a simple brainfart.

[...]Assuming the recruitment process at FR is robust questions need to be asked of the training department, not the individual.
It is also not the employers fault if trained standards are not executed properly by individuals. It's your personal responsibility to do so! Captain, FO, FA or Mech....no matter.

Removing the mistake maker may be cheaper, but not fairer. With good training this sort of incident need not happen so in this case I would hope a few sim details were the solution, not termination.

Sorry brother, but when's the last time you have experienced genuine fairness in aviation for the last time? You try to obey all the rules and not step on anyones toes. I was grateful for the time when the overall resposibility was not mine. The sim training he received seems sufficient for most others. The captain had the wits not to fight this wrong decision with the remaining runway being long enough. He was not trained for naughty things like that, either. And he "only" had 1000 h or so more experience.

In all "fairness" I can at least understand the removal.