PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Release Documentattion is sent with Software installed During Maintenance?
Old 14th Jul 2011, 19:13
grounded27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bus 429

I worked corperate avionics for about 6 months out of a 17 year career. I was shocked to see just how loose the industry is run and came to the conclusion that there is less liability. If a corperate jet crashes you loose only a few souls and the FAA just does not care. Suppose the same goes for software, the liability of stolen or corruption of data is very small.

The major operator I work for operates about 400-500 aircraft they have been trying like hell to use wifi (too easy to hack) now 3g cell service to update FMS,EGPWS,EFB's etc. They are having a major struggle in proving that the transfer will be secure, we download a portion of it over the intranet anyways. As goes for certification working corperate you are closer to the supplier, I never talk to honeywell, rockwell reps anymore.

I do not miss reading torn prints that were the only copy that came from the outfitter of a G2, just to find stuff not wired up anything like it was doccumented anyways.