PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2011, 15:08
xcitation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EMIT

Attitude

From where suddenly come the ideas that the attitude indicators were giving false indications? Wouldn't such a thing, massively important, have been reported in the BEA note?
It would be remarkable I agree. I am trying to explain why would the pilots maintain a generally nose up attitude for 4 minutes of stall descent. There are many possibilities. I find it incredulous that all 3 simply forgot basic stall recovery. IMHO either they ignored the instruments or the instruments failed or both.
The "failures" that are distilled from the ACARS messages have been explained a long time ago: systems report OWN failures, but also failures FROM OTHER SYSTEMS, with whom they communicate. Because of that setup, you may encounter the system identifiers IR1, IR2 and IR3 in situations where,e.g. the Air Data units are faulty.
But did it record every failure? e.g. do we know what the right PFD showed for speed. It should be noted that in other A330 incidents false stall warnings have been generated and in those occasions correctly ignored. Could this be why they ignored most of the stall warnings?
Note 1: Only the speeds displayed on the left PFD and the ISIS are recorded on the FDR; the speed

displayed on the right side is not recorded.