PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OA to be paid to Libyan Aircrew
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2011, 12:35
Chicken Leg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rates at the moment I believe are capped actuals with receipt proof so your assertion that people are wanting to somehow profit, instead of feeding themselves, is a disgrace.
My assertion??

All meals are subject to stringent limits - all expenses on receipt only with no "carry over"
My comment was in response that an allowance should provide for a carry over. And if you are telling me that allowances haven't been regarded as a profit making facility in the past, then you're sadly naive; did you not see a very long thread on that very issue about a year ago on this site?

It seems you conveniently ignored my comment that:

Nobody should have to supplement their meals from their own pocket, by the way and if that's genuinely the case, it needs to be addressed.
Still, recognising that I made that point wouldn't have fitted your argument, would it?

Regarding your question about what I would prefer; I remind you of Grabbers' point:

I agree with your point that morale is fragile but I disagree that 'allowances must be made'. Perception is reality and whilst the sums are negligible in the great scheme of things the bottom line is there is no cash
So it doesn't matter what I think, but stating hardships like:

I was told that although the crews are in a hotel, some bright spark has declared field conditions and therefore no LOA (newspapers/internet not provided however etc etc).
Doesn't do your sympathy cause much good.