PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OA to be paid to Libyan Aircrew
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2011, 12:25
FODPlod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by uncle peter

Fodplod

There is always someone worse off somewhere. I absolutely despise the way people use that as an excuse for not improving t+c's for others when it can so easily be done. It also demeans the effect such sporadic dets can have on family life and the ability to take leave. For some tanker mates including an ex stude of mine, the current commitments will see them away for over 6 months this year, as well as 4-5 months last year and a projected 6-7 months away next year should they remain.
Read my post again. I specifically cited the case of personnel spending only 4 months per year deployed (while living in hotels) and able to get home every fortnight.

Originally Posted by uncle peter

I now leave the floor open to those about to state how others have got it worse and how we should all live in shoe boxes in the middle of the road with a cup of cold gravel.
Luxury! We didn't even have a road and had to swim all the time to stay afloat in a rain-filled ditch. We'd have given our right arms for a shoe box (or anything buoyant for that matter).