PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 14th Jul 2011, 04:57
bubblyguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have a child then you will really need to consider.

You can bid for all day trips and see what the computer spits out into your roster but of course you could be on Cocos Islands for 4 days (company does provide mobile as normal mobiles don't work there but costs a bit and you only get $10 credit to use).

Under the agreement you can be away up to 15 nights in a month.

You also need to consider the high number of reserve shifts (both at the airport and at home) that you can get to ensure adequate coverage as the base isn't that large yet and if they call you out you can often only have 2 hours from time of call to the time you need to be at briefing.

I suppose it depends how mature your child is and how much support they require from you. The last person that joined us with a child resigned after approx 2 weeks of flying.

For training it is now 8 weeks I am told from the latest groups. Normal day hours and then you will go to Brisbane or Melbourne for around 10 days to do most of your practical training.

Salary is exactly the same as all other bases. I have linked the agreement previously in this thread. It is located at http://www.fwa.gov.au/documents/agre...a/AE872622.pdf

Hope this helps!