PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith "QF move to Asia".
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2011, 04:25
Xcel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"5-6 phillipinos and Indians under an Aussie or Brit LAME"

oh and how will you get a LAME to provide supervision if we already outsourced the jobs over seas, have no lames in Australia cause the pay is poor, and know you'll need to move if you want to even obtain a job...

Let's look at it this way Dick - if you thought your peanut butter could have a higher profit margin if it was made in India. Would you then setup factories in India ship it to Australia and sell it in a mix with your genuine Aussie peanut butter and claim they're all Aussie owned Aussie made and highest quality peanuts because it's part of the group? It's ok just put an asterix on the Aussie made logo with a notation *may be produced in india*

I'm not about to tell you how to run your business dick, your clearly a smarter man than I. But if your product is cheaper then surely you could raise the price to increase your marketing budget on Aussie made Aussie owned or the superior quality and taste it has. I for one am a consumer of your products for that reason.

Qantas is completely different - it is not the fualt of government (although they could assist in helping our businesses prosper)...

Qantas management is clearly shortsighted, inept and out of their depth and clearly unable to offer a quality product and manage all of it's affairs.

On the government side perhaps a competetive tax rate would help yours and qantas' cause, and be worth advocating for all business in Australia. But instead we continue to tax high requiring high salaries to cover it... we are also about to add another tax to the detrimate of business. Then whinge when we can't afford to pay our employees anymore... Yeap blame the Asians...