PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Press reports of accident at Duxford 10/07/11
Old 14th Jul 2011, 02:04
pigboat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who knows what the Skyraider pilot was thinking? He had just been involved in a collision which he probably thought he had caused, having very nearly crashed himself. Under the circumstances, I reckon my judgement would have been slightly affected. I personally would have done a slow speed handling check at altitude and then not changed configuration, but I wasn't there and didn't see what happened after the collision. And if he didn't, I wouldn't have blamed him.
Dan for what it's worth I agree. I would have observed that part of the right airfoil had departed the aircraft and would have had absolutely no idea what hidden structural damage, if any, had occurred. My cojones aren't big enough to change the aircraft configuration from one that is working to one that I hope will work. I would have landed flapless. 'Course it's all academic isn't it?

Connie that's some story about that Convair. Proof that elbow-bending with the right people can save yer butt.