PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liquidator seizes Royal Thai Air Force plane in Munich
Old 13th Jul 2011, 18:46
surplus1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surplus1 - Why do you think the US is any different to any other country - oh sorry it is the United States silly me - trouble is you think you can do what you like - not any more chum!
Mine is not an attitude of arrogance, friend, just common sense. The question I responded to related to the seziure of Air Force One - the official aircraft of the President of the United States. That's quite different from a run-of-the-mill US-owned aircraft.

I say again, I do not think any component of German authorities would have the guts to attempt to seize Air Force One, or even Hillary Clinton's official aircraft. Likewise, I do not think they would have the guts to attempt to seize Vladirmir Putin's official aircraft, or Prince Charles' official aircraft, or Hu Jintao's official aircraft, or Sarkozy's official aircraft, as examples, because any one of those countries owed money to a German construction firm.

The aircraft in question apparently belongs to the Crown Prince of Thailand. That is quite different from other Thai-owned aircraft. It's a diplomatic faux pas of the first order and warrants an official apology from the German Chancellor, IMO.

No, I do not think that the US can "do what it likes", and I never have. I also do not think that Germany can do what it likes.

Use your head, sir. Y calmase, vos.

Last edited by surplus1; 13th Jul 2011 at 18:58.