PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2011, 17:38
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,
firstly, I have to apologise as this is a quick post as I have to be somewhere else in about 15 minutes (not the pub, sadly).

Barbie - there was no back slapping. Just a sense of Justice done and relief for the families who have carried this burden for far too long.

Thank you for your kind comments, but I am one of a number of people who have worked hard for today. Truly humbling to get mentioned by James Arbuthnot. I will admit to being satisfied with my contribution.

In this brief post, I would like to place on record my sincere thanks to the Cook and Tapper family for allowing me to help them on this long, difficult journey. You are honourable, decent people and it has been a privilege to be there for you. We have friendships that will last a lifetime.

I should also like to thank all at PPRuNe for allowing us so much bandwidth over the years. Your contribution can not be underestimated.

I am delighted for Rick and Jon and I hope that they are resting in peace finally. I also hope that today's decision allows the other 27 families to put this finally behind them.

In respect of the Air Marshals, I recall Wratten stating at some point that with Rank comes great responsibility. Step up Mr Wratten and take responsibility. You have been found wanting. Feel free to invite your colleage along as well.

Sorry it's a quick post.

My sincere thanks to everyone who has been instrumental, both in action as well as support, in the return of the reputations of two fine young aviators.

Regards all,
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook