PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2011, 14:37
air pig

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
To Brain and all ppruners, a justified dedicated and powerful campaign has brought justice to the crew of ZD 576. I will tonight raise a glass in memory of all who died that day and no doubt in many places around the world tonight others will be doing likewise, even if its just in a cup of tea whilst on operations.

I now sincerly hope that the service I love, has learnt the lessons of this Inquirey and never again besmirch the good names of aircrew without grounds or by bending its own rules or Queens Regulations.

To the two reviewing officers, maybe it is good time to say sorry to the relatives of all the crew and all the other people on that aircraft, that day. The excuse of 'we were badly advised' is just not good enough.

To the DIOT staff, please use this as an example for the future officers of the RAF, that all things are not black and white but are sometimes shades of grey without an explanation.

To Brian, is it now time to move forward, with the knowledge that should that another sad episode occur that such a campaign starts all over again in the search for justice and truth.

Thank you for everything you have done.

Regards

Air pig