PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2011, 13:38
Tappers Dad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May I first say that I am pleased for the parents of Flt Lts Jonathan Tapper and Flt Lts Richard Cookthet their sons have at last been exonerated. Secondly those involved in this long campaign must be applauded for the work , time and effort they have put in

I was however disappointed but not surprised not to hear Dr Liam Fox mention airworthiness, I note that the Rt Hon Lord Philip says in his report:

Views have been expressed that insufficient attention was paid by the Board to maintenance,engineering and airworthiness aspects, including the problems with engines’ Full Authority Digital Electronic Control system which were recognised at Boscombe Down during the ongoing trials and experienced by flight crews in 7 and 18 Squadrons after the HC-2 had been released for operational duties. We do not consider that this criticism is justified.
He went on to say that:
In any event, their job was not to investigate all aspects of Chinook operations but to determine the cause of the accident and to make recommendations.

Surely it was their job to investigate all aspects of Chinook operations.

A victory yes but covered in MOD whitewash I fancy.