PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Press reports of accident at Duxford 10/07/11
Old 13th Jul 2011, 13:28
Agaricus bisporus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For what its worth my thoughts were exactly the same as OO's on seeing that photo.
I cannot for the life of me see what prompted that vicious attack on someone who merely asked a very sensible question, (I'm not aware of OO's "previous" on this forum) though as JW411 seems unable to determine the fundamental difference between a question and a statement one cannot take his remarks too seriously.
Damn shame this place descends so quickly into slamming people just because they are not pilots, as if that had anything to do with the posession of technical know-how or the right to post and ask a question. We would do well to drop that sort of self-aggrandising bigotry here.

Personally I'd be very cagey indeed about selecting flap under such conditions and wouldn't dream of doing so without a handling check at a safe bale-out altitude first. Did he?

Bear in mind he was shot full of adrenaline and hadn't displayed any sort of airmanship or, frankly, common sense in the incident itself so why does anyone expect him to do so upon landing?

OO, sorry about the trashing. You asked a sensible question and one that must have been on many other's minds too.

Last edited by Agaricus bisporus; 13th Jul 2011 at 13:39.