PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2011, 12:39
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Loerie
Sorry,but I find that takata`s outbursts are unpleasant and confrontational and not really required.
Maybe, but I'd say that they were fairly understandable.

Everyone is doing a fantastic job here with lots of team effort to try to discover what caused the death of so many innocent people,and that includes bearfoil.
Actually, I'd say that Bear has been deliberately trying to obfuscate and make things unclear in order to push his own agenda - the fact that he elected to do it so prolifically in the last few days does not help his case.

some have other agenda`s that are not easy to see.
One of whom is Bear. I'm all for getting as many heads around the table as possible, but what he was doing was tantamount to spamming the thread - not just with questions, but with statements that were (based on the information given) demonstrably untrue.

(I hope this won't be construed as being "personal", this is just my observations from the last day or so)

@rudderrudderrat : There has been no such thing as real "elevator feel" since the '60s, and Direct Law does not provide it. The only difference between Normal/Alternate and Direct Law when it comes to tail surfaces is that the trim movement becomes manual-only in the latter, and the elevator command directly affects deflection rather than commanding a rate.

@KBPsen - some of us have been effectively forced to repeat ourselves because of the drip-feeding of misinformation that you are describing - in fact quite a few genuinely knowledgeable people have got fed up and only pop in occasionally, if at all. That's probably a major source of the frustration right there, because if some of us don't fight to keep the discussion to the facts then we could end up with some of the misinformation quoted in a newspaper somewhere, and that's how fallacies like "The plane thought it was trying to land and overrode the pilot" get spread around.