PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook recruiting
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2011, 09:12
frozenpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree Narrow Runway this is not down to the Airline, it is bad management and planning from our Tours Ops division. This leads to a very interesting question; so where does the Airline go from here?

I personally believe we are rapidly approaching some defining moments for Thomas Cook Airlines as it currently exists. An axe must fall somewhere over this latest development, and my view is that it should come from the top where we are clearly being steered in the wrong direction. If we look around us, our nearest competitors are managing a depressed state with far geater success...

Next month the company will be releasing some information about a project that has been going on, which, if the snippets from the hangar are to be believed are us exploiting our very cheap seat costs in the 'seat only' market. This would give Thomas Cook Airlines some freedom to run their own Airline whilst providing seats for Tour Ops. Given current developments this may be no bad idea as it shows some intitiative and the group trying something new, which is now desperately needed given current stratergies are failing.

Yesterday on the webchat R O stated the press release was not going to impact on the plans for the Airline (well not at the moment anyway). The question is, if we do not try something new, what can we do next. The Airline and most probably the whole group is now cut to the bone, so to claw back dignity and more importantly profits they now have to do something...