PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Computers in the cockpit and the safety of aviation
Old 13th Jul 2011, 07:17
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SP - you did not address the rest of my last para in your 'quote'.

I'll TRY to answer your points:

But if the writer’s understanding came from the piloting community, then aren’t we the cause of your concerns.
- quite possibly -see my last para.
Did we think that it wouldn’t happen, couldn’t happen, that we can understand system failures,
- not in my case, anyway - cannot speak for the rest.
we avoid Cbs by a large margin, and we can hand fly fly/pitch power with an airspeed failure.
Yes - and?
More likely these concerns represent the lack of understanding about AF447; – yes, wait for the report, or at least the data.
- basically what I have been saying on the other threads, but you need to FORGET 447 and think 'big picture', please? 447 is just one small cameo. In my opinion it is the speed and direction the industry is making relative to the 'progress'of human understanding.
Alternatively such concerns only arise with hindsight, such situations were not, or even could not be conceived beforehand.
. I do not agree - the 'writing on the wall' was there in many peoples' minds and was reinforced by the absolute disbelief following the ?first? AB crash in service (Air India?) caused by mode confusion.