PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Release Documentattion is sent with Software installed During Maintenance?
Old 13th Jul 2011, 07:06
Bus429

Pilots' Pal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Release Documentation is sent with Software installed During Maintenance?

Hi All,

The UK CAA, FAA, EASA, Transport Canada have all published requirements for certification of software, For example, some software, considered as Loadable Software Aircraft Parts (LSAP), needs an EASA Form 1, FAA 8130-3, TCA Form One etc. Other software may need a C of C or, as in FMS database upload, a Letter of Acceptance. I write with reference to maintenance.
However, in the corporate maintenance sector in which I'm currently working, there is a tendency to accept software on email or other media from manufacturers' reps, completion centres and others with absolutely no documentation (and maybe some software doesn't need it; FMS uploads can be downloaded from websites since appropriate documentation is referred to there). Further to that, some of the suppliers of this software seem ignorant of what documents they should supply (not just completion centres, OEM reps, too).
I'd appreciate any of your experiences in this regard.

Last edited by Bus429; 14th Jul 2011 at 13:17.