PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2011, 00:09
bearfoil

In "Flight Mode": "when no input is made on the sidestick, the computers maintain a 1g flight path."

In the zoom, we are in uncharted territory, so my questions may seem "thick". The Approach to STALL was through the back door of the Drag curve.

The Pilots and pax experienced a climb, one that when it came to an end, engendered up to or even more than -1g. As she decelerated, g was diminishing, the SS may have not been active, even if it was, it was likely ineffective, and at -g the computer will try to regain +g, Yes? Of course at this point they are aerodynamiclly STALLED, but the computers would still roll in THS (NU) to regain g? No other protection is available, and AoA would be an iffy way to regain aerodynamic flight.

From the dark side of the drag curve, STALL warn would not recognize the attitude re: STALL anyway, and the THS is the preferred method for reloading the airframe. The computers would have no interest in stopping the Stall, or recovering Flight, in AL2 they do not speak STALL RECOVERY.

When the PF made his ND inputs, the a/c reacquired sensible Warnings, but the a/c would sense ND as reacquiring -g, and keep rolling in more THS. So when the final STALL activated, the elevators may have signalled to PF a climb, rather than a ND, and he relaxed ND to think of something else.

I'll stipulate that the PF may have elevated the a/c into the climb, but once STALLED and even before, would not the computers be "protecting" "g"?

You know, after two years, I have to put on a serious thinking cap to prep for this thread, and PF PNF and Captain had seconds.

What was she doing? My understanding of the last seconds of Perpignan have the PF pulling everything to gain gee, and miss the sea. The computer would not allow >2.5. She kept her slippers on, right into the drink.