PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2011, 22:40
airjersey

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
six-sixty.

Totally agree with you.

And to be honest, I think that when the next negotiations come in 18 months, then weīll be in a really good position to ask for a lot of things. The fleet will have quite a few more e-jets, they might already have a european deal by that time, and most of all the economy should be growing faster and people should be getting jobs around the country instead of loosing them, and will be SPENDING money. THEN! you can negotiate a proper deal.

I think this has gone on for far too long, and if we say NO to another "strongly recommended" offer (agreed that the first one was a joke) then I donīt think thereīs much room for more negotiation and come back to the table saying oh actually turns out we liked it yesterday but not today. Itīs going to seem like BALPA donīt have a clue of what we want, and everything is going to feel like a joke. And I too agree with the fact that voting for strike might not get us very far, in fact it might backfire big time....but hey what do I know....

Itīll be a YES from me, enjoy my backpay with a nice holiday, enjoy my 5% increase this winter (yes I will enjoy it and it will make a difference), and will plan to spend it on my 60 hour weekends. Letīs just freaking close this chapter and start thinking about the next one....itīs actually starting to get really boring to hear the same moooooooooooaning all the time.....