PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - There Is Hope - The Death Of The MBA.
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2011, 22:03
Worrals in the wilds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Graduate is a qualification awarded to someone who has already fulfilled the requirements for award of an Under Graduate Degree:ie MA,Phd, Graduate Diploma/Certificate etc.
Or someone who can satisfy a token 'work/real life experience' requirement and will come up with the cash. Some years after being awarded a degree I did a postgrad course and there were students who could barely speak (let alone write) English and hadn't realised that copying great wads of Wikipedia does not maketh a great essay, which is something taught practically at gunpoint in the first course of any decent bachelor degree. It was a reasonable university and the staff did their best to maintain an academic standard, but it was obvious that money talked and every kid got a prize, Wiki-fanatics included.

Even some of the posh unis are offering the 'prior management experience' option to get MBA students, and seeing the fees they charge for an MBA course I'm not surprised. They must cover the costs of a lot of sandstone arches and lab upgrades. However, I think it debases the postgrad concept and cheapens their product.

Last edited by Worrals in the wilds; 12th Jul 2011 at 22:21.