PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Grand Prix 2011
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2011, 20:00
verticalhold

The Veloceraptor of Lounge Lizards

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turweston were magnificent Despite all the extra work they made it seem like they were having fun, and they were bloody well organised.

We were lucky that there had been all the rain last week, the Silverstone FATO was in very poor shape and if it had been dryer then dust and other FOD could have been a problem. One of my pax got off the aircraft and sprained her ankle when she tripped in a hole right by the spot.

The spotters in the Silverstone undershoot caused some questions at Turweston Lunch, and the farcical situation where operators who had spent a lot of money hiring a terminal in the heliport were not allowed to take vehicles to their terminals so that they could unload all the gear they needed must be addressed by next year.

As for the pilots' brief, during that week I'm not in the slightest bit interested in how HeliAir battled on and worked wonders, I want to hear the brief, listen to Helen O'Connor do her ATC bit (I'd love to know why that bit was missed this year) and then sod off back to work ASAP.

Silverstone worked, but there were a lot of niggling irritations, but Turweston should be very proud of themselves (The ham, egg and chips was good and a very good price too)

VH