PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun Season 2010-2011-2012
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2011, 17:06
lilflyboy262

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been here for nearly 2 years. Yes I know that isn't a long time, but it is long enough to know whats going on here.
I'm not going to defend the guys that go out getting boozed. Its not my cup of tea, I'm over it. But I do know that there is no where near as many of these guys as in previous years.

As for the guy who didn't come back. He was never happy here. I lived with the guy for over a year. Its the reason why he did not push being trained on the caravan as he did not want to be bonded. Perhaps there is more to this story? But if it is, it has been kept unbelievably quiet. As you said, its a small community.

My poke at CC was a compliment hidden in sarcasim. I'm quite sure he picked that up.

I have not heard of anyone beating up hunting parties. A low level flight nearly hitting wires? If you saw this, did you report it? Instead of complaining, do something about it!
All of the operators in town now are concerned about their reputations.

Stu from Mack Air does not take any cowboy stunts and will fire anyone caught doing stupid stuff.
Example, a senior and hugely popular pilot retracted flap early on a caravan, same time got caught by a gust and nearly collect a game car. Was given marching orders much to the dismay of the whole pilot community.

Derek or Fred from Safari Air are in the same boat as Mack Air

Wilderness is concentrating on making themselves out to be a major airline. They would not take any crap like this. When a ex pilot of theirs taxiied a plane into another parked plane, he was sent to Jo'burg for psych evaluation.

Moremi Air's reputation has taken a beating with 5 accidents in a short space of time, 3 in very recent history. Nothing of the sort will be tolerated.

Kavango Air forced a pilot to resign over the incident that I talked about earlier.

I do not know enough about Delta, Air Shakawe or Major Blue operations, but I'm pretty sure that they are the same.

I appreciate that you are sick of the bulls and the stunts that a small few of the guys that are here pull.
You know how many pilots are in town, and if you take a close look, it will be the same few people pulling the same old stunts.