PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 12th Jul 2011, 17:00
Old King Coal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Severely tempted to make it 49!

Guided accordingly (great handle btw! )

Albeit a small and / or arbitrary point, though for the purposes of being factually correct (and assuming your Contract of Employment is basically the same as mine?), I'm not sure that what you've said is correct, i.e. that 'The company insurance is 3 times basic salary'... as my contract states that it's less than that, i.e. being just 2 years (24 months) worth of basic salary:
PERSONAL ACCIDENT & LIFE INSURANCE (Employee only)
The Company will insure you under the Personal Accident and Life Insurance Schemes and will pay the premium on your behalf. The sum insured is 24 months basic salary for Life Insurance and 24 months basic salary for Accident Insurance.

LOSS OF LICENCE INSURANCE
The company will provide you with a Loss of License Insurance for up to 24 months of basic salary until the age of 62 years, at which point this reduces to 12 months until the age of 63 at which point this ceases.
I must say that the rumoured / suggested number of applications to Etihad (as reported by ex-XL) makes for very interesting reading, if only because if what he / she says is true, then (based upon empirical rates of successful applicants vs failures), to replace 48 pilots, flydubai / CTC would have to assess more than 4 or 5 or 6 times that many (depending upon how close to the bottom of the barrel they're now scraping for crews?!)... to say nothing of the ongoing recruitment required just to keep up with filling the front seats of an ever expanding fleet!

And / or putting it another way; If flydubai struggles to replace the suggested 'exodus' (i.e. of those who might be take-on by Etihad), those departees (to Etihad alone) might be translated into 4 flydubai aircraft being grounded due to a lack of FlightCrew!

To use a Biblical metaphore (as it somehow seems so apt; 'Exodus' indeed! ) is it veritably a case that "As ye sow, so shall ye reap"?!

Being 'Low Cost' is not meant to be translated into an excuse to treat your crews & staff like **** (be it "Legal" or otherwise), and in fact it should be just the opposite ! (just look at 'Southwest's organisational culture' to see the point and / or read 'Nuts!' to really 'get it' ! )

Last edited by Old King Coal; 12th Jul 2011 at 20:05. Reason: Tourette's syndrome almost getting the better of me!