PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2011, 16:59
GarageYears

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JD-EE:

I "think" what I meant was that a ND input would still come out NU and an NU input would also be an NU input. Whether they reversed as gums has said can happen, I don't know. I don't THINK the charts showed a full reversal even to the level that ND was more NU than an NU input. All I remember is that it looked like both resulted in NU type motion.
Then stop THINKING and read.

Look, the damn text from BEA states that pitch authority was STILL working well in the descent:

At 2 h 12 min 02, the PF said "I don’t have any more indications", and the PNF said "we have no valid indications". At that moment, the thrust levers were in the IDLE detent and the engines’ N1’s were at 55%. Around fifteen seconds later, the PF made pitch-down inputs. In the following moments, the angle of attack decreased, the speeds became valid again and the stall warning sounded again.
The only real information we have is in the ?BEA note, so stop making up fantasy land la-la imaginary stuff. I don't understand the need or necessity to be doing this.

Seriously, making up cr@p doesn't make it real.

The aircraft RESPONDED to ND with ND. In the stall. OK....?

Sorry for the hard language, but this is becoming increasingly frustrating.