PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2011, 14:55
bearfoil

JD-EE Great minds think alike, wish mine were one. There is very little to go on from the investigators, and that partially explains the breadth of comment here re: the most important phase of flight. Induction of Fail.

Too many shiny objects to harrumph about, and the meat of the matter in abject darkness. For ten seconds before A/P drop, and ten after, 447's fate was being sealed.

Either one believes the PF (and auto before him), created the stage for an absurd and fatal climb, or one believes they did not, and the hand of Satan slapped them silly at 2:10:00.

In between, (and in the belly of the only important data, that which is missing), this flight was lost.

Who is to say the airframe did NOT actually STALL after the very first WRN? Was the fatal parabola initiated at the beginning of ACARS, or some time before?

Maybe it's me, but I sense that most here assign controlled flight to this a/c until the apogee of the zoom. By definition, one thinks, LOC happened at the "the aircraft began to climb...." Whether or not the PF "caused" the event, is not as important as what caused the event that "caused the event".

Snapshot thinking? a/p dropped for a reason, so in strict terms, can one absolve the a/c?

Of course not. This was a continuum, and I truly believe that when the data is complete, and in the fullness of time, there will be still some adversarial and parochial gripes to be had.

In the meantime, Shadow is most intriguing. With the chronic and slow loss of "Read Speed", wouldn't the a/c Trim Power UP and NU also?

Why hasn't anyone addressed what the a/c might do with the need to "Maintain Speed and Altitude" when in autoflight? Because BEA have ignored it? It is "off limits"?

It occurs to this nomex clad cattle prod wielding ex-pilot that some one should at least attempt it?

Could the a/c have been at max power and NU somewhat at drop? Enough nose up to chirp the STALL and Cricket at 'one' NU left input?

The precise data in this bracket of unaddressed time is seductive.....