PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2011, 12:47
RWA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quoting Lonewolf_50:-

RWA, from the discussions over at tech log, Alpha Protect works in normal law.
Blowed if I know for certain, Lonewolf - I'd be surprised if even 'Bus-drivers' are absolutely certain, from the extraordinarily-complex documentation, what the systems may do or not do in different circumstances. But, according to this, in Alternate Law 'Alpha Floor' is lost, but AoA monitoring continues:-

http://www.smartcockpit.com/data/pdf...light_Laws.pdf

Quoting EMIT:-

Remark EMIT: IF after all, the PF did not himself STEER the a/c into the zoom climb, then at least he should have seen the pitch change to 15 degr nose up, a very inappropriate pitch at that altitude, and should have tried to steer that pitch down to a normal value of 2 or 3 degrees above the horizon. This was not done, a lot of backstick was maintained.
I fear that you're now just making things up, EMIT. 'A lot of backstick' was not applied, leave alone 'maintained' - even the BEA states that the PF did exactly what he should have done, applied forward stick, controlled any tendencies to roll, and levelled the aeroplane out:-

"At 2 h 10 min 16, the PNF said "so, we’ve lost the speeds" then "alternate law […]". The airplane’s pitch attitude increased progressively beyond 10 degrees and the plane started to climb. The PF made nose-down control inputs and alternately left and right roll inputs. The vertical speed, which had reached 7,000 ft/min, dropped to 700 ft/min and the roll varied between 12 degrees right and 10 degrees left."
No 'backstick' at all?