PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Press reports of accident at Duxford 10/07/11
Old 12th Jul 2011, 11:59
PPRuNe Pop
Cool Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OO,

I am sorry to say that I think you have only yourself to blame here. You are making comments and statements that have no connection with photography, and you making comments that a non flyer should not make - you have embarrassed yourself more than a few times before. We are all aware of your experience at Dunsfold - you have told us often enough.

I do not think for a second the Skyraider pilot would not have deployed the flaps without very measured thought. He would have had to exercise a great deal of care using perhaps 'a notch at a time' as quickly as he could to find if any potential problem is present, and he might equally have put them down on the last stage of finals. In either case he would have been aware that there could be an assymetric problem and been prepared for it. It is clear that there wasn't since both were down at the stop point. All pilots are taught to recognize the problem. I am sure with his skill he would have instantly recognized it and dealt with it. He could, of course, have landed without flaps but it was his choice. Let us not forget either, that he showed not a small amount of skill in getting an aircraft back on the ground with several feet of wing missing.

As for making comments on PPRuNe, this forum or another, you must respect that some of us have considerable experience, often at very different levels but we are pilots. You are not and I suggest you control the urge to press the submit button until you are sure of what you speak - thus avoiding putting your foot in it.

Enjoy PPRuNe but do please see that you will arouse some derision if you go too far - or turn your argument into one of angst.

PPP