PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wycombe Air Park comes under scrutiny
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2011, 10:49
ABUKABOY
Bring back the Dak!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bit of a heads-up for non-locals following the WAP shenanigans. Recent local elections saw more than a couple of anti-Stadium councillors come to power, which put the cat amongst the pigeons. Also it looks like, at long last, someone has decided to conduct some due diligence on the wealth or otherwise of Mr H, the main developer. Allegedly he is nowhere near oligarch status, and could indeed be the diametric opposite, which calls into question his motives and exact plans as to where he thinks the funds are coming from, and to what or whose end. (I repeat, Allegedly, Allegedly!)
I think I am more qualified than anyone to say I know every square inch of Booker, having held the keys for it in the 60's for a while, and driven all over it in gliding club winch retrievers. I know every air-raid shelter, bomb dump, fire reservoir and hidden spares dump on the field. Also, I have seen the whole topographical shape of the field change over the decades, especially the way in which the hastily filled-in south-east corner,(from the pink house up to beyond the Garden Centre), is still on the move. It will be interesting if they either try and build on it (as planned), or try and level it off or dig deep into it, knowing what was there and not demolished before all the spoil was brought in!
I do hope that the locals know exactly what it is they are wishing for. Bovingdon and Doncaster aerodromes spring to mind.
I watch with interest from afar, but have a local contact with their ear to the ground. At the moment it's messy with a distinctly unpleasant aroma all-pervading. The way the Local Council have conducted themselves thus far and spent taxpayers money on "feasability studies" just beggars belief.