PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 12th Jul 2011, 10:17
Guided accordingly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been at FZ for almost 2 years and have seen many changes. Many for the better, but some definately for the worse.

For me many of the usual gripes (see above) apply. Yes, the rostering has improved, but it fails miserably to account for sleep patterens and inefficient. The medical cover has improved in some areas, but in most it fails to deliver what most westerners would regard as decent normal cover. I could go on.

This latest move is unacceptable. I joined a low cost airline, and did not expect to be flying charters to war torn country that hits the headlines every few days.

From the employees perspective it has been badly mismanaged and poorly handled. We now have guys discovering that their life and mortgage insurance is invalidated whilst flying in Afghanistan. The company insurance is 3 times basic salary. Should the worse happen It would barley cover repatriation costs, let alone anything else.

The company believes that Afghanistan is not war zone and poses little more risk than a scheduled flight to Bahrain. How can this be in light of a security brief that contains information on how to deal with rocket attacks, and foreign commonwealth office advice that Kandahar is very dangerous and travel is not advised.

Morale has taken a hit since this announcement many will eventually vote with their feet.

Dubaigong, close the door on the way out as you'll be the only guy left...
and by the way the number of applicants to Etihad has just risen to 48 !