PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun Season 2010-2011-2012
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2011, 10:12
foxtrot mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No pilots have had their licences pulled since I have been here.
Really??? How long have you been there, gainfully employed as a pilot?

He then decided to not come back.
Why? Do you know why?

@CC, It sounds like you are trying to shine a light on yourself... Are you trying for a job in Maun?...
Ja right Lil Fly Boy! CC is a retired airline captain with more than 30 000 hours the last time I checked. He has extensive, and I mean EXTENSIVE experience of flying in Africa and the rest of the world, and is an extremely qualified and learned man. Wrote Manuals and SOP for his airline. If he would come out of retirement and come to Maun to manage any operator, half of the rich, spoilt brats there that have no respect for the elder, their companies the airplanes or themselves, would be without a job.

Lots of freshly trained pilots come to Maun looking for a job. Some are good, and some are bad. Some are decent, and some are not, and some have egos bigger than their IQ's. You cant teach them anything, and neither are they prepared to learn. By their actions, they know it all.

After hours behaviour says a lot about the individual. I have seen young pilots floating around the Maun bars at night, pissed out of their minds. I've even witnessed the odd fight. And these are the guys that one's got to entrust with an airplane worth a couple of hundred or million Pula.

Then there's the discipline. What possesses a pilot to divert from the rules and regulations? Why beat up a hunting party? Why do a low level shoot up over a river and nearly flying into wires? Why pull the ring out of the aircraft when you're frustrated and hungover?

There's a lot of things that happen in Maun after hours that the pilots think the owners and operators don't know about, but being the small community that it is, in invariably surfaces.

It's such a pity that there is always nappy wearers that's got to be taught manners their parents never taught them, and it's those ones that normally screw it up for the really good ones.

But then again, it's extremely difficult to argue with children.