PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falcon 2000EASy India contract
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2011, 05:13
HS125

Location: On the right of the clowns and to the left of the jokers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want a reason not to try this link:

http://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-fl...ke-plague.html

I know some people who have had good experiences but it seems to be one extreme or the other out there.

Make sure they're offering significantly over and above what you could ever conceivably earn in the west, a NET salary, a rotation and quality transport/accommodation. It just isn't worth the grief. Honestly if I found myself in that position again I'd get out of he business at least for the time being.

Assuming its a copper bottom first class outfit, bear in mind it takes months to get a security clearance, validation and visa. If you get that far research what you need to do to register the visa when you arrive. It's quite involved and I'd want everything you need from the company attached to your emails and printed up before you depart. If you tay beyond 14 days without doing that you're basically illegal in the country.

Also be careful about declaring any dispute with the company while you're in India, there are some cautionary tails on various forums but I have witnessed guys being caused considerable problems trying to leave under their own steam at immigration.

As a parting shot, get your shots up to date, Research malaria areas and medications involving your AME, many UK pharmacists won't dispense unless you nominate the areas of india you travel to. Knowledge is power.

Good Luck, I hope it works out for you!