PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An acceptable landing...
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2011, 20:56
robin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still maintain that I wasn't as flat as it appears in the video and was relatively pleased with my acceptable airliner approach/landing

I touched down not much after the numbers and was able to slow the aircraft and vacate around midway along 25 which isn't a long runway, so all in all I was pleased, my passenger was pleased, the aircraft was in the same condition as when I took her, ATC were pleased, the flyingclub were pleased. Job well done I reckon
Keep on saying this and one day you might believe it.......

I have a list of airfields you might want to try an approach like that and I can guarantee you'll land 2 fields short.

Personally I don't much care what my passengers think of my landings. Generally they don't know what I know - I got away with a half-decent landing but I know I could have done better.

You asked for our views and it is always good to get your flying critiqued. But you have to accept that when others give you comments you don't like, they may have a point.

It's important that we don't get smug and accept second best, so I would recommend you try a slightly higher approach and not use the airliner version - unless you are flying an airliner.