PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Air Force Club
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2011, 19:14
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Reservations have always been an issue though that said only once have I had to be accommodated in the club next door. I have managed no-notice bookings once when my flight back to unit was delayed and rather than spend 3 days or more in Gateway I was able to stay in the Club. After 7/7 Mrs PN was able to book me a room.

Last year we had a mutual screw up in bookings - I booked (or thought I had) 3 rooms but they only reserved 2. They were able to provide a 3rd at the desk.

I am sure there used to be be a limited time for reservations - 3 months or so - which was of some benefit to out-of-townies working up North but the biggest benefit was book early cancel late.

Now the unlimited (?) time at which you can book really benefits retirees like myself who can plan (and do) up to 2 years in advance. These early bookings are also essential when attracting overseas visitors from reciprocal clubs who may wish to get their arrangements secured years in advance.