PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To ALL Emirates, Etihad, Fly Dubai & Freight Dogs in the UAE
Old 11th Jul 2011, 18:51
SassyPilotsWife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5 year plan

It's all good A380 So what I'm hearing is that you will donate 5 years worth

Hubby came home this morning with a story that was in The Gulf I believe of a girl who collects books and resells them with the proceeds going to laborers in the area. It was a good story. Too bad though that the paper didn't offer any information as how to contact her so I am trying to do that now.

I am familiar with Helping Hands. I corresponded with them last year about branching out into Al Ain. There were a few of us that collected the " shoe box's" and they were delivered to HH in DXB. I was able to hit up my guys at Strata and they were helpful. And as it stands, HH is exactly who I am going to consult with on this once I've begun collecting. I don't want to begin delivering these bags to sites and/or tents that have already received items. I live in RAK and there is alot of construction going on here. That could be just one place to start. So far I have another EK wife who is on board with me. I will advise everyone once we have a collection location for her. She lives in DXB.

I would be happy to hear if you guys think it would be or not be a good idea to have a drop off at your HQ ( any airline)? I am prepared to call on them. I have a client who flies for EK who's wife is a former pilot and see if she's interested in collecting in DSO. I will keep you guys updated. Thanks again for the support. It might take a couple of years to get this off the ground but I'm up for the challenge. Each day I drive past the construction site seeing these guys lined up after work is motivation without a doubt.

In the meantime, please start stocking up!

SPW