PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun Season 2010-2011-2012
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2011, 16:53
lilflyboy262

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foxtrot mike, I wrote a huge reply to your post but after accidently hitting the wrong key combo, ended up wiping it all.
Long story short.

I presume your info is old or you are no longer in the loop. The Botswana aviation authority is no longer called the DCA and hasn't been for some time. It is known as the Civil Aviation Authority of Botswana, or CAAB for short.

No pilots have had their licences pulled since I have been here.

Two pilot's have left without notice due to being overworked (over flying flight hours) and nothing being done to rectify the situation. Neither of them were flying in Botswana anymore and were based in Zambia. A third left after serving noticed and went to another company.

Another pilot left after a medical issue with his eardrum and needed treatment in SA. He then decided to not come back.

These are the only resignations in recent months with the exception of the guys finishing their contracts.

With the exception of one or two guys, the majority of the bunch here are professional and safe pilots. And I have not heard of any of the operators having problems with fresh young pilots nor are looking to change the way they are hiring.

You were correct on the pressure to hire motswana pilots, but this situation will soon change as the government is no longer funding their training.

@CC, It sounds like you are trying to shine a light on yourself... Are you trying for a job in Maun?...