PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Astana
Thread: Air Astana
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2011, 15:41
aca-98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Astana

@ Jasmin;;
I have read and re-read your post and have come to the inevitable conclusion that you are in management and, if I am not mistaken, your are in HR. If so, then I know who you are and your post then makes sense.

Be aware that the pilot network is very strong and that everything that happens eventually makes it around the pilot world, literally.
Air Astana used to be a very good place to work, one of the best contracts in the industry and I really liked it there. Then, things started to go badly awry and the contract went downhill, rapidly. One of the main points of contention for me was communication or rather lack of it and, when there was any kind of interaction, it was marked by a sad lack of manners as well as total inflexibility on the part of Air Astana to the point of being insulting. The odd thing is that the management team ( of any airline) expect us to be the final responsibility for the multi million dollar airplanes as well as the safety of all of those on them which implies a certain degree of intelligence and ability and yet, you treat us like a bunch of imbeciles which in and of itself is a contradiction in terms.
I was lucky in that I came through 3 years of flying for Air Astana without a blemish on my record but the change in atmosphere from "normal" to "punitive" and the knowledge that there is a a scheduling "blacklist" on which my name could be found and you know what for ( in total contradiction to my contract). making it, in my mind, just a question of time before I would get my marching orders.
It was because of all this, that I left and I did not do so lightly as my relationship with ALL of my colleagues in TSE was excellent and I really enjoyed working with them as I think they did too with me.
I am sure you now know who I am.