PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 11th Jul 2011, 10:36
738_driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question MCC provider choice??

Hi guys,

Some quick background... I have been operating as a first officer on a Beechcraft 1900D in a multicrew environment for almost a year now. We operate as a regional charter carrying about 15 pax at a time. My total time is now just over 1100hrs. I know that once I have 500hrs multi-crew, I am exempt from an MCC, however that would mean that I have to sit around here for an extended period of time and our contract location is less than desirable, to say the least!

I'm not saying that an MCC would be a waste of time, but given that our company SOP's are already inline with generic airline SOP's I probably stand to have a much shallower learning curve when it come's to an MCC course. I am therefore more interested in just being able to 'tick the box'!

With that in mind my question is this... does Ryan Air only take candidates from CAE or Oxford Aviation or can I choose a cheaper provider in order to be able to apply online? In other words, is there anybody out there who has been called up, that didn't go to CAE or OAA?

Thanks again.