PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2011, 09:32
six-sixty

Location: European Administrative Area (Western District and Islands)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some guys here need a serious reality check. There's this attitude by some, most likely people who've not had much experience before flying maybe, that no one should be able to be forced to work a minute longer that their scheduled day without the right to refuse, payouts etc. It's that 1970s mentality which basically ruined this country and turned the public against unions.

Secondly LSM. I know you've got the "right" to say what you want, public forum, blah blah and I know you say you used to work here but you don't now, so why the he'll is nearly all the bitter agit-prop bile coming from you? Why can't you leave us alone and worry about your own circumstances.

I was prepared to go on strike on the back of the first 2 "offers" as they were insulting. This latest one still is, but not to extent I could personally justify striking. There's a hard core on these boards who are going to say no to anything less than BAs scheduling agreement and a 30% payrise. I just hope they are a very loud minority and that this deal gets voted through.

Are the company suddenly fluffy bunnies. No. Do I trust them an inch. No. Will I still leave the very minute something else comes up. Yes. In the meantime 60-64 hours off over the weekend will be a very welcome lifestlye improvement.

All with the proviso that the proposed stitch up of the ex bacon skippers gets resolved, otherwise it's a no.