PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More advanced aerobatics books?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2011, 08:29
The500man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

The Aerobatic Four Minute Freestyle by Xavier de Lapparent (ISBN 2-9508928-2-5) is the best I've come across for advanced
How detailed does this book get? Remember I'm not looking for an "advanced" level book but a book with more advanced explanations and analysis.

Fellow Ppruner Zulu Apha is about to head off behind the Iron Curtain to represent GB at the World Advanced Championships - despite his academic ranking, I doubt he worries about the mechanics of flight, too much!
Good luck to him. I don't mean to suggest it's neccessary to understand the detailed mechanics of flight to fly aeros but it's something I'm interested in knowing more about. What's wrong with that?

If the OP wants a precise aerodynamic analysis of what's going on during a particular figure, suggest he gets over to White Waltham and flies the figure with AC
The thing is my instructor goes into a fair bit of detail but it's impossible to remember it all, which is why it would be nice to find a more comprehensive book that makes it possible to review and fully understand what I've to some extent already been made aware of. I'll ask him next time I see him what he would suggest, but I thought I'd ask here as well.