PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 11th Jul 2011, 06:29
EK380

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions LFRK

LFRK,

1/ you are eligible for ID50 straight away for everybody, yourself, wife, kids, immediate family, your parents and siblings. These are confirmed seats. You can only book them if there are enough empty seats available. If the aircraft is almost full, you normally can't buy them anymore. They are 50% of the highest full fare. So not 50% of some cheap tickets you find online. I guess that Eco ID50 CDG ( suppose you are from Caen!?) is about 250-300€.

ID90 are standby tickets. You only get on if you there's space available. CDG business is about 300EUR. As an FO you can only buy ID90 Eco or business. Kids only Eco. Upgrades are not given at EK. Even for staff. Yes, I know!

2/ I believe the wife can come straight away. There is a fee to be paid by yourself, not sure how much. Don't think EK mind since you are the one that goes through all the hassle and paperwork... Anyway most people do not do it. Especially since you will more than likely be gone to TLS or MAN for your airbus transition course anyway... It is much simpler if she comes the moment you are back in DXB.

Remark that prices are quite high because Pax taxes in CDG are very high.
Hope it helps,
EK380

Ps: will probably meet during your training...