PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2011, 03:18
bearfoil

bon soir, takata.

"Better" Pitch authority than conventional a/c? Describe Better? More powerful (Stubborn)? More "Travel" (~14 degrees)? Impossible to recover at certain speed and exaggerated deflection? Jammed or not, The THS is a formidable force. Pitch Authority is more complicated than mere power, though admittedly Airbus has that ground covered. How quickly is it available? If it transits to its NU limit, are elevators enough to recover from some unusual attitudes? I think the answer is patently NO.

Without assigning a responsible, the THS can prevent a predictable planform. yes?

I think there is a working theory that has fossilised into a narrow ledge for some.

I doubt seriously the pilots will be found to have handled this a/c correctly at every turn. Likewise, the a/c itself became a riddle....... "Je ne comprends riens"............

Airbus once again must confront: What is it doing? It seems the THS happily wormed its way to near Full NU, and remained there. Likewise, the a/c climbed careeringly to STALL.

Regardless the upshot of the piloting, A330 has a legacy of explanation of its own, imo.