PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Pilots on the way to help EK
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2011, 03:12
CAVnotOK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just MY opinion, but I reckon anyone with a family, or not, and faced with an incredibly uncertain future with the current employer would be delusional not to entertain the thought of other opportunities.

The fact that this particular opportunity is not just a try before you buy, but a great insurance policy should things go from bad to worse at QF, then I for one would strongly consider.

On the flip side, the commitment required is a big one. Any respective candidate will be not only committing themselves, but their wife and children to 3 years in both EK and Dubai, something which must be very carefully thought out.

I believe some of the negative sentiments expressed are more a reflection of the frustration of the current EK Pilot group who are relying on a lack of qualified applicants to try and drive the package in the right direction.

Having said that, I for one strongly believe anyone from QF who takes the chance will be warmly welcomed by the guys at EK.

The only factor which looms large is that EK and Dubai are definitely NOT for everyone.

Good luck with a very tough decision.

CAV

Last edited by CAVnotOK; 11th Jul 2011 at 12:07.