PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook enquiry
Thread: Chinook enquiry
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2011, 22:08
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Courtney,
why is it that you chose to post that comment on this thread and not the other one? Interesting that you feel it appropriate to blame deceased aircrew with no evidence, yet you are reluctant to restore their reputations with the same lack of evidence.

The burden of proof required the MoD to have absolutely no doubt whatsoever and the opinions of the reviewing officers fall woefully short of that requirement. It has always been up to the MoD to prove their case to the required standard and they have failed to do so in every instance.

The campaign has never claimed to know what went on in those final moments, so the guys may well have got something wrong, although we do not feel that they did. The campaign has been about clearing Rick and Jon's name and to put right that which should never have happened in the first place. Hopefully this will now be the case and the slur against their reputations will now be removed.

I have to completely agree with BOAC and thank all at PPRuNe for supporting us throughout this long campaign. Without the platform that they graciously provided, I am sure that we would have found it even more difficult than we did.

However, let's bear in mind that Lord Philip's findings have not yet been published (nor shown to the families) and we still have to wait and see the MoD response as well.

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook