PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2011, 21:27
ChristiaanJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bearfoil
ChristiaanJ
I agree. The essential outcome of this two year ordeal could have been solved (and explained) with the discovery of the Boxes.
Judging by your comments, I take it you've never been involved in an accident investigation, nor have been involved in 'reading' and fully interpreting an FDR recordng.
Witholding data that is in and of itself innocent of bias is traditional, and creates a stage for politics and corporate competition. Except for ass covering and proprietary damage control, I fail to see the need for endless time given to "the Report".
The bias is all yours, I'm afraid....
Perpignan, and Habsheim have the stink of controversy yet...
Perpignan doesn't (company pilots playing "test-pilot" at low altitude without really seriously knowing what they let themselves in for).
Neither does Habsheim which had a pilot with no serious knowledge of the aircraft, getting himself somewhere in the envelope where he shouldn't have been, while switching off some of the systems, then blaming the aircraft and the systems, rather than his own incompetence.
Me262 and Meteor pilots were well aware, that a jet engine at idle needs time to 'spool up'. this jerk obviously didn't....