PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - senior pilots leaving easyJet
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2002, 20:25
flapless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt.Paul Skinback, I do not often post on this forum but every now and then I get fed up and feel the urge to post a reply.

We have pilots of Dutch and Greek origin in Easy that came over to the UK some 5 years ago. They have filled a cap in the recruitment drive of Easy when your so called 'homegrown' talent didn't even want to use the application forms as replacement paper in the loo.
Now that unfortunately the market has taken a downturn, they should be replaced with guys like you? Quote: 'then good riddance!' I think not

These guys like everyone else who have joined Easy years before it's current 'success' helped build the airline to what it is today.
Moreover, I think that when these guys (any nationality: English, Dutch, Greek, Belgian, etc) are beginning to gripe and moan, something may not be as good as it ought to be.

You also tend go on and on, sentence after sentence after sentence ....... typing away, please hit enter every once in a while. This might not make it so hard to read your post.

If you are fed up reading about Easyjet on PPRuNe, may I suggest you don't read the post and save us your sorry comments!

On another note, most foreign pilots in Easy/Go have done all their training in the UK. Thus supporting the English economy and providing job security for the home-grown flight instructors, managers, office staff, etc, at the flight school. (It all begins to sound a bit nationalistic, I really hope this is not what you wanted to imply)
And really did you think that if all these foreign pilots would all of a sudden leave Easy it would create a good opportunity for the home-grown boys and girls? Unlikely, it would be a right mess as one just cannot replace experience that easily.

Anyway I had my say, hope we fly soon

flapless