PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2011, 17:25
ChristiaanJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do have the impression that too many people here are 'parsing' all the 'subtleties' of the English-language translation of the BEA report, trying to 'tease out' information which isn't really there, and isn't there in the original French either.

Being an ancient, and lazy by nature, I haven't bothered yet to put the French and English versions next to each other, except to solve a couple of obvious misunderstandings...

I expect the same thing to happen when the next mid/end July BEA Interim Report is coming out.

As an engineer, I would like to see all the FDR traces - and it's unlikely they will all be put into the report, leave alone on the net....

The CVR might help with a few clues, but I'm not putting the same degree of reliance on it, that some people here seem to do.
"Oh, merde" may be perfectly obvious to the pilots in the cockpit, with one pointing to something visible to all, but no longer comprehensible to those trying to reconstitute the happenings up there, more than two years later.....

Give those people at BEA a chance, and try not to attempt to outguess them too much.

Last edited by Jetdriver; 11th Jul 2011 at 00:21.