PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2011, 17:24
Vulcan Rigger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well another nice quite week in the life of the Vulcan.

Got home from Waddington about 15:00 having dropped the Mainwheel we replaced on Sunday off at Hinckley.

Tuesday it was off down to Yoevilton to see the jet in, but No.2 engine would not run so the flight was cancelled. Never mind we managed to kill off a few "hurry up and wait" hours with a visit to the RNHF, very impressed with the Swordfish and the Fury and great to see them both in the air this weekend.

Wednesday I did a talk for the South Hants Historical Aviation Society and then started to drive North as my presence had been requested to help out with replacing the CMFS.

Thursday I got into back into Waddington by about 08:30 we had a bit of fun replacing the CMFS in amongst the thunder storms. Typically once the thing was out the weather cleared. Finished about 21:00.

Friday back on the road again calling in at Hinckley to drop off the u/s CMFS then down to Yoevilton to see the jet in at 18:00

Saturday in for 07:00 nice gentle morning chatting to the Hunter boys and the Jordanians plus the few Navy Hawk guys who were over on the south dispersal with us. Launched the jet for her display slot and then the mad rush to get the other side of the show to see her in. Nice flypast with the Sea Vixen and then meet the public once the A/F was complete. Great to meet lots of old friends and new people in Somerset again. Fantastic show from the Navy once more.

Sunday was fairly easy, move the jet from the centre of the lazy runway back over to the South dispersal and then back home to the deep South.