PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2011, 16:07
bearfoil

Garage Years and BOAC'

My bad. "climb". "proper". I should have included the quotes, or parents.

The PF at a/p drop ("I have the controls"), Input back pressure.

BEA does not use "climb", nor should I. They state "INPUT".

We do not know the state (assiete) of the airframe at a/p quit, only that it was followed by PF's control ip.

"The a/c at PITCH UP of ten degrees, began to climb."

Did the pilots know at drop they were in UAS? NO. PNF states eleven seconds later, "So we have lost the Speeds, .....ALTERNATE LAW".

We can conclude PNF is reminding PF, or we can conclude he is stating something that has just been noticed.

We can also say that PF may have been trying to capture PITCH and POWER with his movements.

If the a/c had dropped ND a bit, and rolled right a bit in turb, he could have been establishing S/L then intending to P/P.

Remember, the a/c was in weather of some description, if PF had sussed immediately UAS, his first order was to regain S/L. P/P may have been needing an input of Left, NU. He may have been waiting to set N1, until after S/L was attained. Can't do everything at once.

I don't accept that PF ("I have the controls") started hand flying with an utter misunderstanding of the situation. I think his initial assessment was of loss of A/P and then A/T, things happen fast when the wheels are coming off.

My post was not meant to confuse; instead, I think I fell to what is present here, assumptions of events by mutation and groupthink reinforcement.

edit; Anticipating a release in some weeks, I am personally trying to prepare for more data. To start with, there is an embarrassing dearth of evidence to claim anything with confidence.

I still have on open mind, I think stasis in the findings will surprise, and favor a rather standard accident: Too many unusual and unanticipated events happen too quickly, and the a/c and pilot cease a mutually beneficial and safe rapprochement.

No virgins left at the end.

Last edited by bearfoil; 10th Jul 2011 at 16:18.