PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Trainee First Officer
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2011, 14:32
aroumika

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow you can't be serious that sounds like a little too much for both aircraft

it actually surprises me that not alot of pilots voice out their opinion about the airlines sponsoring the TR rather than being self-sponsored, as if 20-25 lacs on cpl training wasn't enough along with additional expenses such as accommodation, food, traveling, license conversion process etc, the costs being borne by the candidate seem endless with no respite at all, i think it's about time the airlines started to consider sponsoring the TR, especially with the way they're expanding (spending millions of dollars on new aircraft), surely a few lacs per pilot can't be a big deal? i haven't heard of pilots sponsoring their own TR in other countries, so may be this is just a norm within airlines here to take advantage of the situation?

besides i'm sure out of the 4000-5000 pilots that are unemployed, there's a good majority that would find it difficult paying for their own TR, i'm just curious about what happens to a candidate who goes through all the stages of an airline process and reveals to the management that he/she can't afford to pay for the TR, would that imply this candidate is sidelined/ignored? would this be fair? it seems to me these days that only people with the money and/or influence get a fair share of the vacancies

P.S - this being my 100th post, thank you pprune!